New Prescriptions and Renewing Prescriptions
Pensacola Pharmacies have transitioned to accepting electronically prescribed prescriptions (eRx) for both controlled and non-controlled medications. eRx better serve patients trying to activate prescriptions over the phone, NH Pensacola App, and avoids delays when complying with DEA requirements for prescriptions.
Tricare must approve all prescriptions prior for the pharmacy to prepare them. To check which medications will require your provider to submit a prior authorization request and incur delays use the Tricare Formulary Search tool at https://express-scripts.com/tform.
We offer prescription activation and text notification services when there are delays and when the prescriptions have been checked by the pharmacist. Text messages are the integrated into the pharmacy workflow and the fastest way to be notified the status of your prescription request. We need to know your phone carrier and if you have signed up for text messages please add Noreply_USNavyPensacola@Health.mil to your phone contact list for us to ensure it is not blocked by spam blockers.
Are you unable to reach us by phone or encountering NH Pensacola APP issues? For non-urgent matters you can email us at email@example.com. Please ensure to give us your Name, DoD ID number, contact number, and a description of the service you need.
Steps to activate a prescription
- Option 1: Come to the MTF pharmacy after your provider has electronically prescribed the medication.
- Option 2: Call our refill line and ask to speak to staff member. Delays may occur on the phone line.
- Option 3: Use our NH Pensacola App to activate the prescription.
What to expect after activation.
- When enrolled into text messaging you will receive notification when the prescription is ready or being delivered to the pharmacy for pick up. If you are not receiving text messages with links to our pharmacy page please notify our staff to update you to the newest service. All text messages will be migrated to our new system by December 2022.
- If you are unable to enroll with text messaging our staff will give you an estimated time when you activate the prescription.
- Our staff member at the MTF Pharmacy you spoke with.
- An email reply from the NH Pensacola App
Pharmacy is experiencing delays in processing prescriptions. This has increased phone call times as we communicate with Tricare to approve the prescriptions.
In order to serve you better, the Naval Hospital Pharmacy utilizes an Automated Telephone System called AudioCare. It is very convenient and easy to use and refills may be requested 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Listen carefully because there are several options available.
Follow these simple steps to quickly and easily refill your prescriptions over the phone.
- Dial 1 (888) 513-4164
- Listen to recording and select the appropriate prompts as options may have changed
- Choose the region you would like to pick up the medication
- Option 1: Belle Chasse
- Option 2: All other Areas
- Select the pharmacy where you like your medication picked up.
- Option 1: Pensacola Area Pharmacies
- Option 2: Whiting Field Pharmacy
- Option 3: Meridian Mississippi Naval Air Station Pharmacy
- Option 4: Millington Tennessee Navy Exchange Pharmacy
- Option 6: NBHC Gulfport Mississippi Pharmacy
- Option 7: N\BHC Panama City Florida Pharmacy
- Pensacola Area Pharmacies options for refill pick up. This now includes the Naval Hospital.
- Option 1: The Drive through Refill Pick up Pharmacy by the NEX Shopping Mall
- Option 3: NAS Pensacola Pharmacy located on Naval Air Station
- Option 4: NATTC Pharmacy located on Naval Air Station
- Option 5: The Naval Hospital Scriptcenter pick up located at the Naval Hospital
- Select the pharmacy specific prompts.
- Option 1: Refill a prescription
- Option 2: Request information concerning your medication
- Option 3: Instructions on using the refill system
- Option 4: Hours of operation
- Option 5: Speak with a staff member (activation and questions)
If you do not know your prescription number? Please download the Naval Hospital Pensacola app onto your smartphone and request your refill to be activated, select the prompt to speak with a pharmacy staff member when you call in the refill or come speak to us in person.
Prescription numbers have changed. The format is now “Site-Prescription number” ex. 1129-100006589.
If you are running out of medications and cannot reach a pharmacy staff member by APP or by calling us please come into our pharmacy so we can help you directly. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are experiencing high volume of calls and do not want you to run out of your medications.
Refill pickup requests at the MTF pharmacy of your choice is not available through the MHS Genesis Patient Portal at this time.
TRICARE Pharmacy Not just for Home Delivery Anymore
Would you like to know the status of your prescription(s), prior authorization request decisions, prices of medications at network pharmacies you could go to or would you like the convenience of medications delivered to your home? To find out more go to https://militaryrx.express-scripts.com.
Your Electronic Health Record MHS Genesis and Patient Portal
Need to look up your health record, request a prescription renewal from your MTF Provider, check a lab result, schedule an appointment, or send a message to your health care team? Login to the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal. A DS Logon Account is required. To find out more go to https://my.mhsgenesis.health.mil/pages/home.